Write Out was a two-week professional development adventure, sponsored by the National Writing Project through a partnership with the National Park Service, that connected educators and rangers across the country in place-based learning and making in July 2018.
Write Out, as an event, was created as an online opportunity with two activity cycles and collaborative spaces for teachers, park rangers, and writers to write, learn, and connect together. Although the cycles are over, you can still participate in two ways:
- Complete the We Make The Road By Walking Playlist and earn a badge that links back to your portfolio of work.
- Share ways you “write out” in your classroom and learning space via Flipgrid.
Write Out, as an idea, doesn’t formally come to an end and we encourage you to explore the resources we gathered and to stay connected. Here’s some cool stuff that might be useful:
- Place-based learning and writing
- National Park Service links for Write Out
- Write Out: Mapping Possibilities (Week 1, 2018)
- Reflections and Connections, Week 1
- Write Out: Mapping Connections (Week 2, 2018)
- Reflections and Connections, Week 2
- We Make The Road By Walking Playlist and Write Out Badge
And some spaces where we invite you to continue to connect and share:
In connected solidarity!
The Write Out Team